Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Waiting Game, Re-Do

Just got back from my weekend trip to Hawaii for my interview. I think it went really well (not the first time I've left with that feeling though). So, now it's back to the waiting game. Of course, this wait has to be shortlived, as the decision on registering for the Bar there has to be made shortly. So, I wait.....

This weekend's rejectors?

DLA Piper (San Diego, CA)
Verrill Dana (Portland, ME)
Messner & Reeves (Denver, CO)
Skadden Arps (Paris, France)
Cook County State's Attorney (Chicago, IL)
Laner Muchin Dombrow Becker Levin & Tominberg (Chicago, IL)
Fredrikson & Byron (Minneapolis, MN)
Fogg & Powers (Minneapolis, MN)
Tonkon Torp (Portland, OR)
Miller Nash (Portland, OR)
Skadden Arps (Palo Alto, CA)
Stinson Morrison Hecker (Kansas City, MO)
Ogletree Deakins (Atlanta, GA)
Law Weathers & Richardson (Grand Rapids, MI)
Faegre & Benson (Minneapolis, MN)
Hogan & Hartson (Baltimore, MD)
Dykema (Detroit, MI)
Hennessy & Roach (Chicago, IL)
McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff (Chicago, IL)

2 comments:

J. Todd Newton said...

Nice blog topic. I totally feel your pain as I am in the same boat.
But here's why my situation is worse (something you can be thankful for): 1) you went to a school tiers above mine, 2) you live in an area where you at least have a chance at selling your condo, which means you can apply all over the country (my mortgage is upside down so I'm not going anywhere), and 3) (for what its worth) you have better grades.

My school was kind enough to send me a nice itemized list of my student loans and my new payment. I am glad I was sitting down when I opened it.

I hope something works out.

JTN

Benjamin Peck said...

You know it's bad when the Prosecutor's office won't take you! Still, this probably had less to do with your ability than the stupid Cook County budget. I almost had a job at the Chicago City Law Department, but then they froze the budget.

Glad to hear the interview went well.