Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Emotions

My emotions are now all over the place. From anger to depression to panic. I spent this past weekend with my future in-laws and was asked at least 4 times what I'll be doing for work when I'm done with school. Answer: I have no fucking clue. No one is hiring (or least hiring me). I'm willing to move anywhere for a good job, but can't find one. I want to feel excited about graduating law school but I don't. I'm more pissed off than anything else at this point.

This weekend's rejectors?

Stoel Rives (Seattle, WA)
Stoel Rives (Salt Lake City, UT)
Kirkland & Ellis (Chicago, IL)
Kirkland & Ellis (Los Angeles, CA)
Drinker Biddle & Reath (Philadelphia, PA)
Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft (Charlotte, NC)
Winston & Strawn (Charlotte, NC)
Katten Muchin Rosenman (Charlotte, NC)
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein (Charlotte, NC)
Blank Rome (Washington, DC)

3 comments:

KZ said...

Are you willing to take questions about your job search and what you are going to do next?

MotivatedLawStudent said...

I'm more than willing. I don't shut people down who ask me. It's simply depressing to have to tell them that "I'm still looking" when they and I both know I'm down to my final 6 weeks of law school.

KZ said...

understandable. The legal market is junk right now.

How did you pick the firms you applied to, and are you sending out resumes cold? What type of summer experiences did you have a LS? Is the school offering any advice or help - and if not, what do you think they should be doing to help students like you? Finally, what do you think your next step will be if no offer comes through?

Thanks, I think hearing your advice and info about these questions would be a great entry for your blog. Best of luck.