Saturday, February 28, 2009

So, I see in the news that yesterday Latham & Watkins laid off around 250 associates. With all these firms laying people off, I'm petrified that I'm never going to find a job now. People keep saying "things will improve". And that's all fine and good, but won't that just mean that the firms will increase the # of recruits they bring in during NEXT YEAR's recruiting season? Why would they go back and say "hey, we really didn't do enough with the 2009 class. Let's go back and look at them again". Not likely. I know I have to find something in the next month.

Yesterday's rejectors?

Miller Chevalier (Washington, DC)
Perkins Coie (Portland, OR)
Howard Rice Nemerovski Canaday Falk & Rabkin (San Francisco, CA)
Sullivan & Cromwell (Los Angeles, CA)
Hill Farrer & Burrill (Los Angeles, CA)
Cozen O'Connor (Philadelphia, PA)
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney (Philadelphia, PA)

No comments: