Thursday, April 2, 2009

Alternatives?

I've been spending a lot of the time the past couple days trying to think of ways to find a job. Do I invest a bunch of money and place a big ad in the newspaper, essentially tell the world anyone can have me? Do I make a sign and stand outside the Metra station with a stack of resumes? Do I just give up?

I've spent well longer than a full year now networking like crazy, hitting up any and all legal contacts I have, sending out cold emails with my resume to everyone else. Nothing is working.

I'm also really thinking now of things outside the legal field. Can I mail back my JD to Loyola and ask for a refund? Does the JD come with a warranty? because my is looking defective.

Yesterday's rejectors?

McGuireWoods (Richmond, VA)
Davis Kuelthau (Milwaukee, WI)
Warden Grier (Kansas City, MO)
Lewis Rice & Fingersh (Kansas City, MO)
Polsinelli Shugart (Kansas City, MO)
DLA Piper (Seattle, WA)
Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman (Seattle, WA)
Lane Powell (Seattle, WA)

No comments: