Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another Less-Than-Great Weekend

Well, this past weekend was pretty crappy. First, I finally decided that indeed I'm not going to be attending my graduation ceremony. I'm finding it very difficult to find anything about my impending graduation worth celebrating. The thought of any one of my Deans speaking about our "bright" futures and prosperity makes me angry beyond words. And I certainly know none of them will talk about the bleakness that faces most of us.
Second, I saw an article about Northwestern University helping to defer the student loans of its graduates until they're able to obtain employment. I forwarded the article to my school's admin to see if Loyola would be doing anything similar to assist the soon-to-be graduates. I'm doubting I'll get a reply.
And then, of course, I received a flood of rejections.

The rejectors?

Updike Kelly & Spellacy (Hartford, CT)
Cabaniss Johnston (Birmingham, AL)
Graves Dougherty Hearon & Moody (Austin, TX)
Paul Hastings (Palo Alto, CA)
Paul Hastings (Washington, DC)
Gordon Silver (Las Vegas, NV)
DLA Piper (Baltimore, MD)
Faegre & Benson (Des Moines, IA)
Reed Smith (Chicago, IL)
Goodwin Procter (Boston, MA)
Dechert (Princeton, NJ)
Foley Hoag (Boston, MA)
Sirote & Permutt (Birmingham, AL)
Ballard Spahr (Baltimore, MD)
McKenna Long & Aldridge (Atlanta, GA)
Fennemore Craig (Phoenix, AZ)
Greensfelder Hemker & Gale (St. Louis, MO)
Bryan Cave (St. Louis, MO)
Stinson Morrison Hecker (St. Louis, MO)
Belin Lamson McCormick Zumbach Flynn (Des Moines, IA)
Holland & Knight (Chicago, IL)
Downs Rachlin Martin (Burlington, VT)
Vorys (Columbus, OH)
Lewis and Roca (Phoenix, AZ)
McGuireWoods (Richmond, VA)
Morris Manning & Martin (Atlanta, GA)
Shook Hardy & Bacon (Kansas City, MO)
Jackson Walker (Dallas, TX)
Swift Currie McGhee & Hiers (Atlanta, GA)
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr (Boston, MA)
Roetzel & Andress (Akron, OH)

No comments: