Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thanks School Admin!

So, I was having a discussion with a classmate of mine yesterday regarding graduation. I told her I wasn't going to be attending the ceremony, maining because the thought of anyone in Admin getting up and speaking about the "bright legal futures" of the graduates would infuriate me. Not that I'm blaming my school for the horrible economy. But they seem (1) in complete denial about it and (2) are doing NOTHING to assist the unluckiest graduating class to date. Well, and then I saw the new US World & News Report rankings of law schools. My school, Loyola Chicago, is now TIED with DePaul. TIED! When I first applied, it wasn't even close. We were actually ahead of Chicago-Kent. All further evidence of my school's do-nothing attitude about assisting it's students find a job. I want to be happy right now. I want to be looking forward to graduating and moving on to a great career. I've loved my professors and my classmates. But instead, I'm pissed off and regretful.

Yesterday's rejectors?

Troutman Sanders (Chicago, IL)
Donohue Brown Mathewson & Smyth (Chicago, IL)
Eimer Stahl Klevorn & Solberg (Chicago, IL)
DLA Piper (Atlanta, GA)
Bullivant Houser Bailey (San Francisco, CA)
Whiteman Osterman & Hanna (Albany, NY)
Benesch Friedlander Coplan & Aronoff (Cleveland, OH)
Godfrey & Kahn (Madison, WI)

No comments: