Friday, April 10, 2009

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

Of course, I was completely wrong about my "impending offer". The reality is, there "might" be a job for me in Philadelphia, AFTER I take the bar, etc.
So, what do I do? Register for the PA bar and study for that (on my own, mind you) with the "hope" that a job will be waiting for me? Add to all of this that it'll require selling my condo in Chicago, moving to Philly, and my fiance moving as well.
OR, do I just take the IL, with zero prospects, and hope something comes along after the bar, when I'm then competing with the hundreds of recently laid-off attorneys?

Both options suck. And sadly the clock on decision-making is almost at zero.

Yesterday's rejectors?

DLA Piper (Chicago, IL)
Perkins Coie (Chicago, IL)
Morgan Lewis & Bockius (Chicago, IL)
Bodman (Detroit, MI)
Frost Brown Todd (Cincinnati, OH)
Hill Ward Henderson (Tampa, FL)
Mills Meyers Swartling (Seattle, WA)
Holland & Knight (Boston, MA)
Bryan Cave (Phoenix, AZ)
Dickinson Wright (Detroit, MI)
Gordon Feinblatt (Baltimore, MD)
Ice Miller (Indianapolis, IN)
Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL)
Squire Sanders & Dempsey (Phoenix, AZ)

No comments: